Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Colorado - Day 3 - Flatirons

Aunt C's backyard is along the Mesa trail that leads through the Flatirons to Chautauqua so we woke up, hiked there for delicious breakfast and hiked back.  We detoured to a quarry where I got my first nosebleed.  Hooray.  The trail was nice, lots of wildflowers along the path and as always, friendly people and their pups.  


We said goodbye to Boulder and headed out to the next stop.  Along the way, we stopped at Red Rocks Amphitheater and another really small miner town for some gas.  A few hours later, we were in the ski town of Breckenridge.  


We walked over to the main street and went to dinner at Blue River Bistro and it was hands down one of the best meals I have ever had in my life.  After half a glass of champagne & Saint Germaine, I crawled back to our cozy room and passed out.  



No comments: