Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Different folks, different strokes

Different folks, different strokes; part 1:
I went to Philly this past weekend to see Umphrey's McGee play two shows. Awsomeness. Not the point of this entry though. We went to the marketplace in the middle of the city, right across from my friends apt on Arch. Its run by Amish. We went to the Dutch Breakfast place. It was so yummy! Cinnamon Apple French Toast (kinda minus the apple part.) It came out fresh and hot in about 2 minutes. I will never settle for an excuse of food taking more then 20 minutes to come out ever again! But I got to wondering about the Amish girl behind the counter.
1. Where does she park her horse and buggy in the city? (seriously!) Or do they have a community car? Or are Amish driving cars these days?
2. Why is it ok for them to come into the city and use all of modern day's advances when they could just do the community work thing to self sustain?
3. What is this girls thought process on the real world? How does she not want to rip her bonnett off every time shes in this place? Or is it the complete opposite and she despises the outside modern world and actually hates leaving her home?

I may sound ignorant, and I know I have some research ahead of me. (Thinking face)

Different folks, different strokes; part 2:
My friend Hannah always has great stories. Here is one...She was in Florida staying with someone in their aunt's home. The family was away on vacation. Apparently there was a husband, a wife, and two kids. Now, the wife has a live in girlfriend as well. I'd really like to pick the brain of this lovefest. How does the husband possibly stay in that situation? Even if he wants to live with his kids, you take that newfound lesbian to court. I can't imagine what these kids must be thinking. But I'd really like to know the logic behind that one.

No comments: