Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

Taxi Cab Confessions

I play this game with my friend whos a personal assistant to some big shot theatre producer. The game goes as follows: I IM him or he IMs me and then we each state what exactly we are doing at the moment and the person doing the more bizarre thing wins! Hes got some good ones but generally, I win. I'm gunna try to keep up with these stories as best I can because i'll need to look back somehow to remember.

So starting with Tuesday night:
We arrive at the dog fashion show a little early which is fine. Its finally time for the red carpet and the twin models we rep are telling us that there were no dogs for them. I'm still not sure what happened, nor is it the point of the story. All I know is that within seconds, im running down Broadway in Times Square with another coworker also in 5 inch heels and a dress, hailing down a cab because we have to go back to the office to get the pups. The cab driver yelled at us the entire time that he wasn't staying and wouldn't allow dogs in the cab. So we hopped out at the office and Coworker ran inside and I hailed another cab. This cab driver was all about the situation. He and I decided that one day, when we meet up again, we will write a book. He said we were so "fucking high strung, man" and needed to "lower the hyper energy level or he will crash" and that "we should just fucking chill cuz he will get us there no worries". We did get there just in time for the red carpet and then our boss texted my coworker stating she and another coworker saved the day. I wonder when he will realize im not an intern and know my actual name.

No comments: