Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Christian Louboutin

I don't know if it was once my love for the color red. Or that I am 5 feet tall and long (no pun intended) to be supermodel heights. Or the simple yet sexy look I tend to lean towards. But there is something about a Christian Louboutin shoe that I get butterflies about.

I never was a huge shoe person, in fact, never a huge fashion person at all. I am so not like that! But more recently, I guess as I mature, and am more immersed in the fashion world, this has been brewing inside me and a monster is emerging. For some reason, these shoes are at the top of the mountain for me. It is my dream to own a pair one day. To spend hundreds of dollars on a pair of shoes is definitely absurd. I don't care.

I have always just looked, but this past weekend, I opened up the gates of hell. I dragged David on his very quick visit, to Bergdorfs. I don't know what possessed me but we went up to the shoe department and the salesman actually approached me. Many times I have been on this very floor, with these very salesmen, and never have they approached. I must have had that look in my eye that day. I pointed, he brought, and my shoe obsession was officially in full effect. Heaven, bliss, love. Nothing could have made me happier at that moment, in those shoes. I will have a pair one day.

Here are some of my favorites mostly from the new fall collection. Although the first photo is from a friend of a friends wedding that I thought just looked so classy.






By the way, the line is actually fairly young, only starting in 1991. In his U.S. trademark application, Louboutin explains the inception of the signature red soles (via Wikipedia):

"In 1992 I incorporated the red sole into the design of my shoes. This happened by accident as I felt that the shoes lacked energy so I applied red nail polish to the sole of a shoe. This was such a success that it became a permanent fixture."


His site is also creative, fun, and fabulous. Check it out here: http://www.christianlouboutin.com/

No comments: