Engagement photos are becoming a fun, popular and creative way to introduce yourself to the world as an engaged couple as well a way to get to know your photographer. I was thinking of some creative places to do these shoots. I love NYC, and can appreciate the Central Park shoots. It's one of the most beautiful places in the world. But it's time to start to think outside the box. especially if you don't live in New York and a plain old park or beach won't cut it. Here's what I came up with.
1. I recently went on a yacht. It got me thinking of a really fun New York Harbor story. Champagne flutes, picnic at the foot of the boat, captain hats, fiance steering and the other navigating. All with the Manhattan skyline in the background. Hell, throw in a Titanic King Of The World pose while your at it!
2. The green market like in Union Square or food market like Chealsea Market or Grand Central. Even take it a step further and actually cook the meal and take some photos in the kitchen. Or skip the market and just do a cooking shoot.
3. FAO Schwarz fun shoot. Playing on the piano, BIG style. Posing with the Lego creations. Peeking from behind giant stuffed animals. Maybe heading over to the candy shop.
4. Yoga session. Acroyoga is a really cool practice involving two or more people posing as one. It's pretty cool but I think it could also be for a more yoga advanced couple. Faces aren't always cute when posing in odd positions.
5. I recently saw some really great shots of a couple at Fenway Park. I think catching a couple at an event they love to go to, or going to a venue they love is a really neat concept - but could also be pricey.