Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hope E! Got A Prenup!

News spread today of Kim Kardashian filing for divorce from Kris Humpries after 72 days of marriage.  I can't say I am surprised but it's more then just that to me and I think for others too.

I think she's a hopeless romantic and perhaps was not always in it for the money as some suspect.  I think she wanted to find true love and be married more than anything else in the world.  I think Kris was also in over his head and star struck and wanted to make this last any way he could, ultimately sacrificing more than he expected.  I think E! fed her the poison of a wedding special that comes with money and more fame and hype, etc. and it was too hard to resist.

You get caught up in that stuff.  Even without all of it, imagine backing out of your wedding?  Not an easy thing to deal with.   Add to it having your life under a microscope (yes even though you asked for it), millions of dollars, major companies...basically a huge business deal, on the premis that you would marry this guy, but deep down inside, you realize it wasn't right when you were already far into it?  Maybe as an ideal person, you'd like to think you could walk away.  

Now...The money. Not only did these people drop millions of dollars on their event, they profited from it.  They reportedly made $17 million off of their wedding.  That's about $10,000 an hour for the marriage.  I wonder if E! had a prenup also?  Make it last as long as our promos are on our site for your Fairytale Wedding or no payout.  Oops, how ironic.  Dam I would hate to be the assistant to return all those gifts to guests!

But on a serious note about the financials, what a waste!  It was a waste (for everyone but Kim and Kris) success or not.  That money could have fed a country!  Build a much needed NYC animal shelter.  Given homeless people new clothes.  Helped save some lives.  UGH the list could go on.

Then theres the gay marriage argument.  At first I didn't think it was fair to make her a poster child for this but then I thought about it and I changed my mind.  How absurd that these two heterosexual individuals are not just getting married but profiting for their marriage of 72 days, when gay people who have been in loving and committed and real relationships for sometimes 30+ years still cant legally be married?

Lastly, for now, why do so many people seem forget that marriage is work?  If you wanna be lazy and selfish, then dont get married in the first place.  Unless someone offers you $17 million dollars and you have no heart!

Also, when did Ryan Seacrest become Kim Kardashian's publicist?  He was the one who started the whole thing with a tweet.

Back to my first point of just the fact that she was in too far too fast.  Perhaps in hindsight, the fact that everyone is now joking about it, I'm sure it is hurtful to Miss Kim.  And I am sure she is wondering if she made the right decision from the start of all this.  But really, after all of this is said and done, who cares?!  She will move on and be fine.  And people and animals and the world will still be cold, hungry, suffering and poor.  

Have a nice night.

No comments: