Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Smoke Joint

I went to Brooklyn with Rachel and Brianna to check out my cousins restaurant, The Smoke Joint. It was pretty good. Ben was sitting outside when I got there and I honestly dont even think I have ever met him. But I walked up to him and told him who I was. We got our dinner, I got chicken sandwich. Rachel got MacNCheese, smokey spicy greens, and a lettuce wedge with bleu cheese. Brie got a salad and McNCheese also. It was all pretty good. Ben also owns a place next to it, a sister shop, called Little Piggy (Market). I found this review on it. Ben explained it as the "no smoking shop". Funny man he is. Anyways, he sent us out 3 different desserts. Apple cobbler/pie type thing, a pear and apple bread pudding which was ok, and a yellow cake with strawberries and balsamic vinegar...INCREDIBLE! What a fabulous combo I would have never put together! Go try these places. Yummy.

Brooklyn is odd. Its very hard to get Rachel to go there so I was happy she came. I wish we had some more daytime there though. It definitely seemed like the Brooklyn I hear about though. Very patchy areas of good and bad. It would have been nice to explore a bit more. Next time. I also plan to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge.

In other news, as I sit here and watch results come in from college football, I am ecstatic! Stamford beats (1)USC, 24-23. As shitty as it is that (9)Florida won, they beat (1)LSU. Havn't been hearing much about this one but (8)Kentucky beats (11)South Carolina, 38-23. Illinois beats (5)Wisconsin, 31-26. Tennessee beats (12)Georgia, 35-14. And most importantly, my Buckeyes are just finishing up with 10 seconds to go and a shutout is no longer and option with the Boilermakers getting their first touchdown and the extra point. We still win though! Man are these annoucers talking up the Buckeyes though. "They could be better then last years team who went to the championship." Thanks guys, lets hope thats the case. GO BUCKS! Final score, (4)OSU beats (23)Purdue, 23-7, bringing OSU to a 6-0 season.

Also ate "dinner" at 3 Jalapenos in Mamaroneck. Its just across the street from my apartment. I ate there once and remember hating it. Once again I was not impressed, and its expensive. Never again.

No comments: