Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My new dating column

I've been having this issue lately with meeting people. How come if you see someone that you kinda think you may want to say hi to, it seems like unless you are in a bar, or a dirty creepy Mexican, its just not OK to see what happens? For example, the other day I was on the subway and saw a really cute guy. I was way too shy but I really just wanted him to come up to me. He could have easily just been as shy but really, in the society here, it just seems like its unacceptable to "hit" on someone unless you are in a bar, almost like, you're inviting it. But people should take more chances, and just smile, or introduce yourself. What are you supposed to do if you don't go to bars? What if there just isn't anyone in the bar you're interested in, ever? What if you've tapped out all your resources of people setting you up with other people? Its just getting frustrating to me but I'm not about to go changing taboos. I just wish people could be more open.

No comments: