Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

After fighting with Hale and Hearty because they are awful...

To Whom It May Concern,

Thursday April 17, 2008, I took my daily walk to Starbucks for my work break. I go to the Starbucks on 66th and 3rd in Manhattan approximately four times a week in addition to the purchases I get through my coworkers that do pick ups as well. I have never had a problem with the employees or the drinks that they make. On this day though, it was a completely different situation.
I ordered a venti iced sweetened green tea and as the employee was making my drink, I was chatting with the women behind the register. I had just purchased lunch for my office so I was carrying a lot of bags, somehow balanced my drink in my hand, and ran out because my lunch break was ending and I was going to be late. About half way back to my office, I looked at my drink that I had been sipping because something was blocking the straw. I immediately saw the problem. There was a LARGE SCREW at the bottom of my cup!!!
I dropped off the lunches at my office and immediately returned back to the store in horror. In a very nice calm manner, I asked a barista to speak to a manager. In a confused voice, she called for a guy who was washing dishes with no proof of a manager in sight. Once he was finished, he approached me and asked how he could help me. I showed him what I found and he was shocked. He said “I am sorry, I will file an incidence report immediately.” Then started to turn away but then said to me, “Can I get you a new one?” I said “Um, yea?”, and then he took 10 minutes to make me this new drink.
Being in the state of shock that I was in, and being such a nice person, and I guess a pushover, I did not really think about what was going on in this situation until it was over. First off, I should have gotten my money back. Secondly, with your new policy kick on pleasing the customer, I think a last minute thought of replacing the drink after barely apologizing is not exactly acceptable either. I have been in stores before when something as simple as a customer not liking a drink had resulted in a couple of free coupons.
The fact is I love Starbucks, I have been a loyal customer, and still plan on helping to pay your salaries with my own. But I could not just sit here and allow this poor excuse for an apology go unnoticed. There was a SCREW IN MY DRINK! If it was any smaller…let’s not go into what could have happened. I think you can understand where I am coming from here and my rant is done.
I have enclosed photos for you to see how ridiculous this is. I’d like my $2.60back if not more. Thank you.
Best,
Becca Meyers



UPDATE: Recieved a timely apology letter and a $35 gift card.

No comments: