Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sessed with The Hangover


Friends pre ordered the tickets on opening night for this gem. We got there an hour early and waited with the crowd. After hundreds of these types of openings, you would think the employees would figure out a good system but they have not. It wasn't crazy chaotic but it was not a pleasant experience. The women actually shouted GO as if it was a race to the theater. Everyone scattered and laughed. It was an experience. Especially with 2 pretzel bites and nacho cheeses (my fave cheese), a small soda and a soda about 5 pounds juggling in my arms.

As for the movie, with a multitude of lines like "Don't let the beard fool you, he's just a child." AND plots about being roofied, I don't know why I ever doubted that I would love this movie. It was hilarious and I love it and if anyone would like to see it, I will go with you.

It was well done. Not the typical guys get drunk and we go on an excursion with them as if we are an innocent, sober bystander, but actually a realistic approach of us blacking out with them and figuring out what the hell happened last night. Very clever and full of surprises. Little naked Chinese surprises. The end was especially memorable when they find the camera and we all experience the photos together. Like we were all buddies in the theater sharing this moment of hystericalness.

Personal thoughts about the actors: Bradley Cooper gets better looking in each movie he makes and Zach Galifianakis killed it. HE KILLED IT.


Complete side note...
I was looking for images and this logo popped up that looked very familiar to me. its from a bands album cover. They are called The Funkoars and their album is called the Hangover. Now check out this pic from Missbehave Magazine. Stunningling similiar. Not sure if they ever mentioned the connection or not but I just wanted to show everyone how smart I am.

No comments: