Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Loterie Farm, Top Recommendation In Saint Martin

As beautiful as the beaches were, surprisingly up in one of the mountains was my favorite place I went on Saint Martin. This place is called Loterie Farm. Surprisingly many of the locals and travellers have never even heard of it. I guess because it is all the way on top of a mountain and the ride up there is a bit rough but WELL WORTH IT. (Especially if you get picked up in a cab that has duel DVD screens playing a BeeGee's concert.)

This is an old plantation spot turned extreme forest adventure area with the most awesome tree cafe in the world. We opted to skip the rope ride but took a two hour hike followed by one of the best meals I have had in my entire life. Very pricey but again, well worth it. We split a conch tar tar style salad and red snapper, polenta and plantain baked in a banana leaf.






No comments: