Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Wedding Venue, Date, Dress - Check!

My wedding is more than a year away and I already have the venue and therefore the date AND just got my dress.  I wan't planning on doing everything so soon but it just happened.

We needed to pick the date but we couldn't do that without the place.  All we knew was Summer 2012. We went with Crest Hollow in Woodbury, Long Island.  The outside just went through a renovation and it is what sold me.  It's gorgeous.  This photo below is the secret garden we will be getting married in and the following photo is part of where our cocktail hour will be.  Photos don't do this area justice.  It's pretty freaking cool.  The fire pit definitely helped.




The dress was totally unexpected.  I thought for sure that I would hate everything.  But I always loved this one style of dress in my head and the designer I really liked happened to be doing a trunk show at Kleinfeld's this past weekend so I thought that would be a great place to start.  I never would have thought I'd find THE dress so fast.  But I put it on and it was what I wanted.  I am sure I could continue the search but I know this would be in the back of my head.  Then I met the designer and she gave me some pointers and we just went with it!  I was laughing at myself because I acted like I was meeting a celebrity telling her what a big fan of her work I was.  She was so sweet about it though and it just made me love the dress more.  I won't say too much about it but I will say I am sad I have to wait so long til I wear my Jim Hjelm.  

Are there really any cons to having everything not be last minute?  I mean, besides possibly changing your mind about something.  But you just have to have some good will power and not get to crazy with the, "well what ifs".

Here are photos of the dresses I didn't get but kinda also loved.  First was Alita Graham then Christos then Marchesa.  You can probably figure some similarities. :)




No comments: