Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

I heart goat cheese

The other night I met up with an old coworker (I feel funny that I can already say that expression). We went to a place I have been hearing about. It actually lived up to its expectations. We went to Fig & Olive and got the Provencal Vegetable Tasting Plate ($14): provencal vegetables, fresh mint and olive tabouli, warm goat cheese, olive tapenade, eggplant and tomato confit - Picholine Olive Oil. It came with toasted bread peices. Delish. But I don't have photos because I always forget to do that. Noted to seld to work on that as a better blogger. Also on the table are 3 different olive oils with bread. Very fresh and yummy. From their site: "FIG & OLIVE brings you the finest ingredients, flavors, and health benefits of olive oil and the Mediterranean diet, the antioxidant quality of figs and extra virgin olive oil". Then we split the penne funghi tartufo ($17). It was cremini mushrooms, parmesan, truffle paste, fresh parsley & scallion in truffle olive oil. Little heavy on the scallion but delicious nontheless. Everything was cooked perfectly, served wonderfully, and I was happily content. The perfect amount of food and tastes for me for a great price. I highly recommend this restaurant!

No comments: