Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

I finished a book in a week!

Side note: My work computer does not let me edit this the same way I can at home so this is me settting a template for edits later. But since I am bored out of my mind and work and generally dont have much time to work on this, I write here, and edit later.

I enjoy reading. But I am just not a fast reader. Textbooks and school type reading, I can rush through like a pro. But enjoyable books I am choosing to read, takes forever. I usually only have the opportunity to read in bed. I get through 3-5 pages, and im out cold. But now that I have my subway ride, its been helpful to move the process along a bit faster.

I had read a bunch of stuff online about "I Was Told There'd Be Cake" by Sloan Crosley. One day I found myself killing time in a bookstore and decided to buy it. I havent bought myself something in a while, and I just came from a pretty traumatic and pricey doctors appointment so I figured what the hell. After the doctor when I was little, my mom would always take me and my brother to McDonalds. Well since I was on my way to Chipotle to meet a friend, I compensated that need of a treat after the doctor with a book I really wanted.

Its a collection of essays from her life stories. I enjoyed it. I felt like she could be one of my friends. The first essay was by far my favorite. Couple quotes ill fill in later. For a quick, light and entertaining read, i'd reccomend it.

No comments: