Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lilli and Doug's Wedding

I was in Sarasota for an old friends wedding this past Memorial weekend. It was actually much more pleasant then I thought it would be. I really did enjoy myself. She pulled off a great wedding.

I arrived, just barely making the flight, on Friday night. Kinda weird meeting the groom for the first time the day before the wedding when you are a bridesmaid. We went to rehearsal and then dinner and then to a bar. It was a really nice little pre gathering of close family and friends. I want it. Bride and groom were wasted. On the ride home I convinced all to go to Taco Bell. Delish. Sydney, Lilli's sister only went one other time years ago, with my mother. Of coarse. She was so confused at the drive through. "Whats the difference?" Pretty funny cuz really, its all the same! Lilli got it all over her leg and Alana ate it off her leg. Classic night before the wedding pig out. The day of the wedding, Lilli was so calm. We all got ready at the place and the ceremony happened and then the reception flew by. It was lovely. I was pretty excited about the military wedding but it wasn't as great as I thought, but definitely still cool. We all went back to the hotel and chilled a bit. The next day, with no sleep at all, we went to brunch at their house and chilled by the pool. Then I went to dinner with my family and the next day I went home.

So... with very little detail, all in all it was really a nice weekend I wasn't expecting. Pleasantly surprised sums it up perfectly. I like vacations. I like not checking email or facebook. I like not really communicating with anyone. But now I'm back to the hustle and bustle. Such is life.



No comments: