Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

No one takes JDate seriously except JDate

So here is what happened with the JDate thing.

I automatically get signed into it on my computer and when I went to check it the other day, I was signed off. Thinking something was a little strange but putting what I thought was my password only to find it did not work. Perhaps I put in the wrong password, as I generally have 2 go to passwords I use on everything. I tried and tried and finally it was reported to customer service, or whatever. I requested several times to have my password sent to me but nothing came through in the email. I decided to send a general contact us things to their support because I found this to be odd. Why would this not be working?

The next morning I recieve an email from them stating:
Currently, I can't resolve this situation through email. You'll need to call our toll-free number 1-877-453-3861 and speak directly with a customer service representative. I hope we can help you with this soon!

Hmmm ok do I really care enough to call them? Not really but the curiosity was killing me. What could have possibly been blocking my account? If it was a glich, maybe they should know about it. I had nothing offensive on my profile, hell I barely even had a profile! I had talked to some crazy people recently. Maybe they reported me?

At 12:30 AM I finally caved. I really did not think they would pick up but they did. I explained that I could not log in and was not recieveing any info on passwords via email. He then said, oh well your account has actually been suspended, let me try to see why. After some very awkward silence, he then, in a very serious tone goes "Oh well I see here you had written in your about me section "I don't think I am ready to take this seriously but im bored so..." and we here at JDate take this site seriously so your account was suspened."

My reaction: Laughter.

He then said he could just delete what it said if I promised to change it. I obviously agreed but was still laughing so I did not feel that I could properly argue with him at the moment event though I wanted to explode. He fixed it and that was that. I am still in shock. Its like, im pretty freaking mad yet so amused.

Couple things...
1. What I mean by not taking it seriously is not paying for it yet/not willing to just meet every guy I talk to.
2. There are wayyyy more offensive profiles and people on this site you should probably be focusing on*. (examples below) If me simply stating that I am not sure if I am ready to take a dating website targeted to Jews seriously, then there should be practically no one deemed appropriate for this site based on what they have written.
3. Who do they think they are to judge people worthiness of their serious dating site based on not even a full sentance in a profile?
4. How much more are they actually monitoring? Are they reading everyones conversations?
5. It was embarassing and annoying enough to deal with my friends who are against this site and other internet dating sites and also dealing with the semi initial shame I feel for resorting to a site like this. Thank you for only showing me more of a sign that this was a bad idea. (Yet, im totally keeping my profile, if they let me.)

*Just from a simple search, this shows up...
I am looking for a:
She needs to be smokin hot and willin to wear provocative clothing because i like to show off my woman. She also can't talk when i am speaking and should recognize . . WHat did the 5 fingers say to the face SLAP !!!

My perfect first date:
Well when you come pick me up, we will sip bo wine. Then as the intoxication intestifies we will go for a mickies (40's) at the corner liquor store. Once we are finished drinking those in the parking lot i will go in and get jimmies (but i will won't, i like to gamble). Then we will go to the back seat for the best 30 seconds of your life and after that i will see you in 9 months.

Now I am going to write them a letter because I just feel like I have to. I am also going to pitch this to NY Mag and Time Out New York. It would be so funny if it turned into a whole, date this girl cuz she isnt allowed to join JDate things which is so not likely but a girl can dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to be on JDate once. Then I realized that I was wasting so much time visiting the site and finding nothing that I eventually signed off for good.

You should be glad they suspended your account. They were doing you a favor!