Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Poop Culture

There are two things going on in pop culture I feel like I need to just take some notes on.

#1 is this Phelps smoking a bong "scandal". The kid is A KID. He worked his ass off for so long, and behaved so well for so long (so we think anyway). Anyone who turns out results like that I am sure doesnt smoke on a regular basis anyway. He went to visit some friends and just wanted to relax and have some fun and just be normal. Newsflash people, college kids smoke pot. No not everyone does but fuck, lay off him.

OK he's supposed to be a role model. Well I think that it just shows that NO ONE is perfect and its OK to mess up sometimes cuz that is reality. The people that really matter a.k.a. his sponsors a.k.a. the ones who pay the kid, are letting it go which is sweet. Lucky as well, because apparently more people have sticks up their asses then I thought.

Before even hearing or watching about The View, I knew exactly how that table conversation would go down and sure enough, my psychic powers did not fail. Lizzy was disgusted and Whoppie put her in her place by saying what we were all thinking. You go girl.

#2 I don't even know how this started, and I'm a bit ashamed because it's part of my job, but nonetheless, this whole Jessica Simpson being "fat" nonsense. Tabloids disgust me. The bitch gained some weight, who cares! Shes not unhealthy anymore, good for her! Most people in this world are NOT stick thin.

But I have to say, more of what made me want to write something on this subject was that my disgust obviously is felt just as much by other women in Hollywood as well and I am SO GLAD to see them sticking up for her. These crazy accusations happen all the time to celebs, and it would be impossible for their peers to defend each other each and every time, but it's refreshing to see that when some things do get really out of hand and just wrong, they will say something. I just felt like I had to get that off my chest.

No comments: