Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

R.I.P.

Bye Bye Astroland. My dad used to take us to Coney Island when we were super young. I never rode on the Cyclone but we would go just so my dad and brother could. Guess I never ever will.


Bye Bye Rent. I saw Rent 6 or 7 times. The first time was with my friend Harper. Then we went to go see it in camp which was amazing because thats all we sang on the bus and in the cabin. Then we went for Harper's Sweet 16. Then a couple more times. I always said they should film the show and make a "movie" and sure enough they actually made a movie. I hear they filmed the last show. I'll have to get on that. Fabulous fabulous show.

Some favorite lyrics...

December 24th, 1989, 9 PM, Eastern Standard Time. From here on in, I shoot without a script. See if anything comes of it, instead of my old shit.

"Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road, no other way, no day but today!"

To hand crafted beers made in local breweries, to yoga, to yogurt, to rice and beans and cheese. To leather, to dildoes, to curry vindaloo. To huevos rancheros and Maya Angelou.
Emotion, devotion to causing a commotion. Creation, vacation...
Mucho masturbation.

I've gotta get outta here! It's like I'm being tied to the hood of a yellow rental truck being packed in with fertilizer, and fuel oil. Pushed over a cliff by a suicidal Mickey Mouse. I've gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta find a way... to jump over the moon.

How do you leave the past behind when it keeps finding ways to get to your heart? It reaches way down deep and tears you inside out till you're torn apart.

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes. Five hundred twenty-five thousand journeys to plan. Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes. How do you measure the life of a woman or a man? Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes. Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear. Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes. How do you measure, measure a year? In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee. In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. In five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes - how do you measure a year in the life? How about love? How about love? How about love? Measure in love... seasons of love.

And my favorite song, Take Me!

No comments: