Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Interview With The Nightmare

Started looking for jobs casually and went on my first interview with this batch. I went to the place and was greeted by the person I thought was the receptionist. She told me to wait at the table and 10 minutes later she gets up and comes over to talk with me. Apparently she's one of three or so people who work in the company. For all I know she could have been an intern. She asked me weird questions like, "What's the most manual labor you have ever done?", and explained to me that her last Jewish intern missed so many days because of the holidays and wahtever they do on the weekends that it just wouldnt work out. Then she asked me how I was planning on interning and working full time and I had to explain to her I was leaving and would do this and a job to make money cuz im also moving into Manhattan to which her response was, "Oh and HOW are you planning on doing that?". OK not that the case is that my family supports me but how awkward would I feel if I was someone living in an apartment my parents paid for or something? All throughout the interview she was yawning as well and didnt explain a single thing to me about anything. It was just bits and peices of information. She also told me to email her and I know I didnt have an email but I didnt even want to and she let me go without giving it to me. Awesome interview. Glad I wasted almost $40 in cabs in the rain today.

No comments: