Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's On!

When I say I hate my landlord, I mean I reallllly hate her.

This is a women who argues we don't have bugs, so we kept roaches in a plastic bag to show her. She tells us they are water bugs so we wikipedia it for her to show they are the same thing. Regardless, we have bugs, get an exterminator! She calls me or Brie and screams "Who is this, I don't know who I call!". She said we broke her pipes with our hair, and when the plumber goes to fix it, puts a hole in the pipe cuz its rusted through and floods the entire downstairs apartment. I lent my towels to the girl and Sandra took them to wash a.k.a. douse them in bleach. She refused to fix the flusher in the toilet and told us to just stick our hand in to flush it and then finally taped the rusted through chain. She says her kitchen appliances are fine when its the first ever made oven leaking gas and not working which she finally had to replace. I had to argue with her for a light outside because of my late hours and the drug dealers next door. The entire time there was a light she just had the switch taped and told us it was faulty. She lied and goes "fine" and just turns the switch on! We told her the electric was faulty bc when you plug in a coffee maker not only does the entire kitchen blow out, but the outlet smokes. She doesn't answer calls when you need something simple like a lightbulb to be changed because its some funky ceiling light but she doesn't want to replace it because her electric is wired weird and she pays for that light. She calls you at 7am to tell you to shut the windows because it is raining and her walls will get damaged.

We are coming to the end of our lease and naturally there will be people coming to look at the place. To my understanding, it isn't the law but definitely the right thing to call the tenant before showing up. But that just doesn't apply I guess in our situation.

Yesterday I wasn't feeling well so I cancelled dinner with a friend and decided to just come home, shower and relax. I had just walked inside and in 10 minutes had the shower going and was ready to jump in. My phone was with me so when the doorbell rang as I was getting in, I didn't think it was anyone I needed to address. Jumped in the shower and 5 seconds later, there is knocking on my door. Then I hear her voice in the apartment "Hellloooo?". That thick high pitched Italian voice haunts me in my dreams. "Helloooo?" again. I poke my head out and say, "Yea?" and shes like "They are here to look at the apartment. This is Sandra!"
Me: "Yea I know who it is. I'm in the shower."
Sandra: "OK we wait 2 minutes."

I get out and open the bathroom door to an open front door and a family coming to look for a second time. She didn't even close the door back and they were just standing in my hallway waiting for me to get out of the bathroom! I greet them face to face and I'm just like "You are supposed to call. I thought you call before you come."
Sandra mumbles some bullshit "I had the papers everywhere and I couldn't."
I just stare at everyone and can only imagine the look of hate I had on my face.

The family just walks in after this and the little girl, who had taken change from my floor the last time, runs right into my room and says to her mom, "See, there is money EVERYWHERE!". OK I have change all over my room but really? Is this a joke?

They check out the apartment and ask me to leave them my furniture, for free. Joke, this is a joke. Right? Sandra makes her way into my room and tells them I am messy because I am packing. Thanks for explaining that bitch! Then she asks me when I am leaving. I explained to her that I had to stay til the very last day cuz I had something in the city that Sunday morning. She asked me if she could send in the bathroom guy so it could be redone while we were still there. I wouldn't care if they start work but I need a bathroom while I'm there and paying for one. She said we will see. Then I hear that this family wouldn't need the apartment until Christmas which gives her 3 free weeks to do any renovations. If she tries to send a bathroom guy in before the 30th, I will flip out.

She then turns to me and says she had some surgery and shes a little out of it. I'm like, whatever. Bries door was locked so she yelled at me for that too, and then said goodbye and walked out. I go to start my shower again and just as I'm about to get back in, more knocking at my door. I'm getting punk'd.

It's her again with her cousin to survey the bathroom. 20 minutes later, they leave and as she walked out I said I wasn't feeling well and if shes coming back again, she needs to call. She didn't say anything and walked out. I hate her.

No comments: