Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Marathoners

Running a marathon to me is just ridiculous. I hate running. But thousands upon thousands of people do it every year. The ads this year made me laugh with the Jewish guilt undertones, the whole, "I'm running for this and raised this much money and so and so" and "what did you do today?" Oy!

There are the hard core runners, the regulars, and then the pranksters. I was pleasantly surprised to see a women in the slower section, juggling! The old people. There was one person dressed as Borat, in a ridiculous bathing suit. Then there were all the celebs. I can't imagine running alongside Ryan Reynolds. I'd shit my pants for that more likely then shitting my pants after hitting "the wall".

I knew a couple people running this weekend and they all finished just fine. One raised over $10k for MSKCC, the place where his mother underwent treatment before passing. I'm really proud of him, this was his second time running.

A coworker of mine ran out with our friend for a bit. She was so excited. I'll always remember the time my friend ran in Columbus and I ran out with her, went like half a block, and practically collapsed.

No comments: