Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Best Time To Tweet

With all this hooplah going on in my life in regards to social media and particularly twitter in general, I have been working on proposals and a better results program for my clients.

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, perhaps because it was too soon to tell, but I am interested to see what the best time to tweet is. Defining "best" to me means essentially maximum exposure as well as maximum engagement ie retweeting and responses, and I find most people agree.

A simple google search for "what is the best time to tweet" came up with some interesting answers.

Gary McCaffrey posted a great chart! Bottom line he says is between 9AM and 3PM.

Others have a more specific time, 9AM PST. The best time to get retweeted is Friday at 4PM EST.

In addition to suggested times, it is also suggested to RT about four times a day, collectively 10am was discussed, and to check out http://tweetstats.com/.

No comments: