Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Avatar

Thumbs Up.

I saw it in 3D in New York. $22.

Amazingly cool to experience this movie in 3D. It was technically really cool. It was also a laugh watching my friends in the glasses. Missy's was stretched out and they gave her these round foam things to put around the glasses to tighten them. She had to beg them for those. The movie theater was very stingy about the glasses.

Story wise, I'm torn.
1. I thought it was a rip off of Fern Gully. One of my favorite movies when I was younger. Storyline: Fairies in an enchanted forest have to save it from the "monster" which turns out to be humans ripping down the rainforest.

2. I thought the role of the female avatar was a little over the top. She whined and waled a bit too much, like to the point that I laughed.

3. I am not going to start writing essays about this movie. I think it is what it is. If you want to get into all the other conversations, like the enviromental aspects, the anti American or anti soldier theory, or the post movie depression (which I find so bizarre) or sickness, or the technical effects, or the awards it won...google it.



No comments: