Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Up In The Air

Thumbs Up.

We thought this movie was solid. If George Clooney was not in the film, I don't think it would have gotten nearly as much credit. I predicted some outcomes but I am just talented like that I guess. The younger woman, Anna Kendrick, bothered me in her nighttime interviews but she wasnt as annoying in the movie.

I liked how they made this traveling man love his job and the whole aspect that he travels. Generally people hate to travel for work but this man literally lived for it. It was interesting to see the opposite, and see someone embrace this hated necessity.

I saw the move before the Golden Globes, and I figured it would win some sort of award. Jason Reitman, the director (who also did Thank You For Smoking, which I found to be a similar style and therefore in my opinion makes him pretty consistent) won for best screenplay. Mazel.

To be honest, I probably won't remember the name of the movie in six months from now, but wasn't pissed I saw the movie. That's generally my scale of judgment.

No comments: