Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Just Another Day At The Office

I was having reservations for my event on Thursday night and sure enough, my intuitions ended up coming true. From the start it was a mess. No one was there and nothing was there. The alcohol, the DJ equipment, the people. Nothing. My brother and his friends were the first people to show up. One person, who we have known forever, showed up very messed up. I was nervous and knew it wouldn't end well but I'll get back to that later.

The room finally started to fill up and some of the alcohol arrived. But for an open bar, the 5 bottles of Patron was not really gunna cut it. I was outside doing the door though and people kept coming out drunker and drunker so I guess something was being done about it.

Now, imagine having a special event for yourself from 8-10 and at 8:15 you call your publicist saying you are still at home in NJ because you could not find a babysitter. Yes, that is actually what happened. I didn't know what he ended up doing with the kid but at 9:45 he finally got there.

Then the drunk one comes outside and stumbles over the velvet ropes taking them down with him as he falls to the ground for the first of many times. My coworker tells me to get him out of here. Duh. I decide to get him a cab. He spits at every cab that comes by so they keep driving away. My brother decides to go with him once we finally got a cab because there was no way he could make it to Penn station on his own. I was supposed to go inside and get his friends to meet him cuz he was drunk too and couldn't handle this asshole on his own.

I walk inside to find his friends and see that the mics are not working for the performance. I get Mike's friends, who decide to stay. I try to go help with the mic situation but my phone rang and it was my brother. I ran outside to hear him and he said they got 1 block before they got kicked out of the cab and Mark was crawling. I said to just leave him but he wouldn't. I said try to get another cab and call me back. 3 seconds later he calls me back and is freaking out. He said he called the ambulance cuz Marc fell and cracked his head open. I started running.

When I got there, my brother was shaken up and Marc was in the back of the ambulance with blood all over his face and foaming at the mouth. Lovely scene. As serious as it looked at first, the mood was kinda surreal cuz Marc was still blabbing stupid drunk things. My brother told me he also took 2 Xanex on an empty stomach and drank a ton of Patron. We got in the thing to drive to the ER. My first emergency ride wasn't for me!

My favorite quotes Marc said in between being unconscious and not.
"I guess this means I ruined all my chances with Becca."
"Officer, is this going to go on my record? I already have like 2 records. Maybe 3! Officer please."
"Stop the car! I have red cross!"

St. Vincents is ghetto. We didn't know how they were going to get him to the ER from the car and they explained that they get wheelchairs. Well there were none left! The guy had to carry Marc in. We went to the waiting room where a homeless man was waiting for a shower and complaining about the broken TV. Then we see Marc walking out to smoke a cig. Um, who let him out? We told the security guard that he was a patient and he ran out to get him. Marc told him he was in a fight and the other guy was the patient. We finally got him back in bed. Then his parents showed up which was weird cuz I haven't seen them since I was 13. Never would have thought this would be the circumstances for the reunion.

It was still fairly early when we got out of the ER but I sent my brother home and was only 3 blocks from the club so I went back to work. When I got there, everyone seemed to be outside. The guest of honor was saying bye to his dad and talking about going back in to get the ladies. One coworker was crying hysterical cuz her wallet got stolen. She left and 3 of us went back in to tackle the last performance of the night.

2 hours later, mission accomplished. So there were no gun shots like we thought but I did end up in the ER regardless. Wow.

No comments: