Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Typical Tuesday Night

After work my coworkers were meeting for drinks so I went to this thing that held me up a bit and then met up with them. At the bar we took over and started quite the game of flip cup with other patrons. It was interesting to see the bar empty at 10:30 and filled by 1am, on a Tuesday. Everyone was getting pretty drunk and I was starving so drunk coworker and I walked over to Taco Bell and Pizza. Chowing down, we had some laughs and decided it was time to go home. We headed back to the bar and a block away she sticks her head in a darkened doorway and asked where the bar went. Oh drunk people are so entertaining sometimes! We get back to the bar and coworkers friend had asked for a burrito. But she was talking to a guy so she was pretending it wasn't hers so I started to walk away with it and she slyly grabbed it and put it in her purse. TB burrito in the purse. Doesnt get more classy than that. They wanted to stay and although I had no work in the AM due to Yom Kipps, I wanted to head home. Soberness can only last you so long in those situations. I could have slept at coworkers house but I couldnt bare staying out much longer and figured before the trains slow down, ill head home. Time check: 12am.

Wait at the 6 for about 30 minutes. Get on train to a hispanic gal, maybe 5 feet, 90 pounds coming violently at some dude sitting all curled up in his hood. I can't justify the intensity that escalated after this but there was a lot of screaming, and repeating things over and over again. "What n***a! Wha!" to him. Him screaming abck "Go eat something B!" Back and forth at the top of their lungs. One dude with the guy ran off the train at the next stop. Everyone in the car walked to the ends of the car cuz her screaming was piercing to the ears and she was flailing her arms. This continues for 4 stops. No one does a thing. It just gets more and more intense. Another dude out of nowhere, much bigger then the other, locks him up against the bar. Dude #1 tries to get off the train, but dude #2 wont let him. He starts screaming and crying to let him go. Then the girl starts screaming and getting in his face even more, "I'll cut you n***a!" over and over just as we were pulling into 59th n Lex and pulls out a purple razor. This got me heated. I went to the conductor who was IN THE CAR WITH US, and said, you need to call the police cuz she just pulled out a weapon. He just calmly said, I know maam. I repeate myself, and so did he. Then I walked away but not before sticking my head back into the open car and yelling, "you assholes better calm the fuck down cuz they called the cops on you're asses" to which was responded by the girl screaming at me "shut your white ass up bitch, you mother fucking white mother fucker" to which I walked away with my back to her and my finger flipping her the bird.

I get down to the N and see its closed off for the night. 12:45 and I'm going back up to the 6. Wait more and get on a train that doesnt move "due to a police investigation at 51st". Guess they got arrested. Then wait more time for the 7. Squeeze for a seat between two dudes staring me down all the while being secretly followed by a Mexican girl who didn't know where to go. Finally transfer again to the N at Queensboro and sit down thinking this is it. Nope. A disgruntled man was talking to a nun who asked him the wrong question about his ex wife. He went off. Apparently after 15 years of marriage and a dauhghter she was cheating on him and married that man 6 months after they split.

I got home by 2:30, well after coworkers were in bed sleeping.

No comments: