Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Did you know: MTA retrieves things from the tracks?

I was in the subway in Soho and saw someone who looked familiar. Then I realized he was an actor. I knew it would bug the crap out of me cuz he was one of those people you vaguely picture in a certain type of role but would never be able to place him in a movie or as a character and know you'll never remember. So I did what any sane person would do and decided to ask him his name. I was no where close to him but started walking his way and then my phone decided to jump out of my hand and into the track. What to do? Still go ask his name? Yell at my phone? Yell at myself?

Well I stared at my phone for a couple seconds and thought it was a lost cause. Then a man told me I could easily get it if I ask the station person. Then a homeless man offered to jump in the tracks to get it for me. I forced him to stay on the platform and assured him I would get help.

The station master told me it would be about 45 minutes to an hour. Mind you I was in the middle of a work day and snuck out for an interview. Awesome. He then wrote his phone number down on a piece of paper, told me to take a walk, and call him in about 40 minutes. Then I just stared at him and he realized, oh yea, my phone was in the subway tracks which is why I was there in the first place.

I took a walk to get a drink, walked into Scoop where I had last been with Seth Green after slamming a door into him when leaving an interview. Something about Broadway and job interviews in Soho makes me spaztic with celebs. It couldn't possibly just be me. Anyways, I came back and waited about 40 more minutes and 2 men with a claw like contraption came to the rescue. I was wondering why it didnt have the dinosaur head on it. They scoop it up in .5 seconds and my phone was as good as mine again. Still working, just a little grimier.

I tried to explain who I saw to my coworker. I said, "very red puffy lips and blonde hair, and I just keep picturing him doing drugs in a role. He kinda reminds me of Macaulay Culkin". She immediately said, "could he possibly look like Kurt Cobain or Leo D?" In less then 2 minutes IMDB told us the answer. Michael Pitt. I have now seen his presence multiple times since then. It's funny how you notice things once you are aware of them.

No comments: