Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

Live.Laugh.Love.

There's been a lot of talk about this guy who wrote a letter. I have been meaning to try to verbalize how I feel about working, and not working and enjoying life. I feel like this guy is right. He talks about the bullshit that goes on. He suggests throwing away the devices and enjoying life. More people should do this. It's sad when you are sitting with someone and the actual physical person is not good enough for them and they have to be on that blackberry. Hello!?!?

After reading Eat, Pray, Love, something struck me. She talks about the Italian work ethic a bit and I feel like I agree more with them then the American way. What is the point of working your ass off if you can't just enjoy life, even every once in a while? Oh you have nice things you can buy with the money but if you have no time to sit back and enjoy it, or have other people enjoy it, I find it to be pointless.

I personally work to enjoy life. I have to support myself somehow but I do not live for work. I enjoy what I do, and that helps get me through my days. It's just crazy to me to think about how a job seriously can define your life. Maybe if I ever have a family to support, and I NEED more money, I will have to face reality of the American work ethic but for now, im gunna stick with this philosophy. I guess thats just the hippy in me.

No comments: