Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cuz I'm Awesome!

I came home from Israel expecting to be unemployed for months. Totally freaking out about the whole situation. For two days straight, I applied to as many jobs as possible. I'm thinking I will have interviewing stories material galore for the blog. For some reason, I wanted to see what I could do on my own before reaching out to friends who have friends. I recontacted a women who I had inquired a job about right before I had left for my trip. Within a day, she asked me to come interview. I set something up for the following day. The interview went well, and when I got home, I had an informal offer email with a thank you FROM HER waiting in my inbox. It wasn't the ideal terms I was looking for (IE: full time) but it was a good enough opportunity that I said OK. My thoughts were, I have friends who have been jobless for months, literally begging anyone who will take them for employment, and here I have this women offering me something off the bat. Why continue this search? Everyone is jokingly asking me who I slept with, but really, I'm just that awesome people!

Things happen fast at The Office. After my first day, which started with me alone in the office for my first hour, she invited me to the opening night of a Broadway show. We went to that, and then the after party. I was not expecting to bump into so many people! Friday I met a client who came to the office. Monday was my third day, and I already had an email address and business cards. Today, my fourth day at work, I take responsibility for more clients as an account executive. It is only going to get more crazy here and my excitement lasted a whole 3 days! Today I am kinda over the whole working thing again. So I wanted to get a little happy emotion down before I become completely jaded from my little NYC pr world.

No comments: