Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 1

Got to the airport, still can't believe it's real. Excited cuz Angie seems cool. Everyone seems a little shy but I know that will get better. Just a little awkward. Was happy to finally meet everyone. Most people were what I expected. I hope I at least seem a little good at what I'm doing.

Arrive at Ben Gurian after all of us sitting in middle seats. That was tough but it was the first thing we could all laugh about. We already have 1 lost luggage. Then we cant find the guide. Then we find him and he loses most of us. Mikey and I go to find a phone and bump into someone he knows who lends us their phone. Israeli miracles are already beginning. Daniel, the guide finally comes back to us and once we exchange some money and get our phones, insurance and such, we set off to the north. Make a pit stop along they way for sandwiched dinners and a chat with Divon.

Arrive in Tibirius and one girl doesn’t have a roommate so she rooms with Angie and I. We had to switch rooms with two guys but it was a warmer room anyway so I didn’t care so much. It was nice of them. Angie and Alisa are both Russian so they immediately bond. We head downstairs for an ice breaker. Went around the circle introducing ourselves and I knew once it was over, Daniel would say by the end of the trip we would see that there is more to us then where we are from, what school we went to, and our jobs. I tried my two truths and a lie game but everyone was so tired we did about 2 and then we dispersed and somehow ended up on the roofdeck to chill. That was a nice, chill night, with some drinks, cards, and good times.

First sunrise from the Hotel Astoria.

No comments: