Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wednesday 31/12/08

Took the train back to Tel Aviv. It was time for me go to Sarah's in Jerusalem. We got into a fight on the train with an old bitter man because he wanted us to get rid of our luggage.

I was sad to be away from David but I knew I would see him later that night for New Years. We parted ways at the Tel Aviv train station and then I had to find my way to the bus station. People looked at me like I had 4 heads every time I asked a question. The second you aren't on a trip or with an Israeli, the true Israeli comes out. Rude, rude, rude. It is amazing how hospitable and yet how rude these people can be. Long story short, I make my way to Sarah's. It was so good to see her and I was glad to be staying in the same place for a couple of days.

It took some convincing to keep Sarah's plans to go to Tel Aviv. I was really upset if I wasn't going to go and she knew so she got her ass in gear, convinced all her South African friends to come with us and after hours of waiting we finally made it. It was a crazy sherute ride down there but we finally made it and at 12:03 we walked into Lima Lima and all was good. Kiss and all. :) I was so happy. Sarah was miserable though so she left and met up with her friends and I stayed with all the birthright kids. It was cool that we were all able to hang out like this. That night, David and I decided to make things official. We all went to this street party on Florentine with a bunch of hippies and ravers and it was pretty entertaining.

At 3am we all parted ways and I was definitely sad but so tired I could barely think. I waited for Sarah at the shady bus station for an hour and at 4am we got on a sherute to go home. A group of drunk German girls got on and then one jumped over me to puke out the van. New Years is now officially over. It wouldn't be a New Years if someone didn't puke on me, or something bad happened. It was just too good to be true. So this girl then passes out on my shoulder and the driver takes and hour counting money and then accusing someone of not paying. We all gather money just to get things going and he blasts the air conditioner even though it was freezing and drives like a maniac back to Jtown. Stopping just before we get home of coarse for a vodka stop after hand fighting with Dovi Braun, Sarah's friend sitting in the front.

No comments: