Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Shabbat in Jerusalem 27/12/08

We didn't do much in the morning or afternoon. The weather wasn't so great and some really depressing news came. For the first time in years, the army called in soldiers on Shabbat because there was something going on in Gaza. Some of the guys that were with us were called. It was very upsetting to witness this. You could just tell on the boys faces that they were scared, no matter what they say. They had 2 hours to pack up their things and then they would be getting picked up and heading off to Gaza. It was a really sad way to say goodbye to them.

In the afternoon we all sat around and had our closing ceremonies. Everyone went around telling them their Hebrew name or getting one if they didn't have one. Apparently my name doesn't mean anything. Awesome. Then we had time to pack up and get ready to go out one last time. We walked to Ben Yahuda and went to a club called Constantine. Some douche bags got on stage for an hour long performance and it really killed the mood but we still got a good hour in there. As sad as I was that it was over, I was ready to give up the responsible card. Bittersweet night.

I woke up super early in the morning to say goodbye to everyone because I would not be going to the airport. I went back to sleep and decided the night before that I would go north to Haifa with some of the guys. So we all met downstairs for checkout and part 2 of my trip began. Not before fighting with the front desk whore who claimed I had a party in my room. The only party I could think of was Tal being traumatized by the boobs lady next door.

At the naming ceremony.

No comments: