Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Shabbat: 20/12/08

It was so nice to sleep in! Thank goodness we stopped at the food place the day before because I was starving and missed breakfast and got yelled at by the staff when I tried to sneak in for coffee. (That lunch stop was also where I introduced some of the group to Buger Ranch.) After lunch and a game of basketball, we went on a walk through the crappy town of Tibrius to Rambam's grave. He was a humanitarian, a prominent rabbi, physician and philosopher from the Golden Age of Judaism in Israel. The Russian tried to make a Jewish joke and I thought Daniel was going to throw him over the cliff. We took in the scenery for a little, and then headed back for Havdalah (which I missed), dinner, and a night out on the town!

Finally I felt like the participants were getting really comfortable with each other. Just need a little drinking and dancing. Sad, but true. We walked on the boardwalk for a bit, got harassed by a couple of locals, and then proceed to get wasted at the disco. The biggest challenge was getting everyone into the sheruits home. Once we got back to the hotel, some people decided to go get pizza. David stayed with me while we waited for them. Apparently they took over the store cuz I heard they were making their own pizzas and answering phones. Oh they also had to get hash which took them an extra hour and I was not happy I had to stay up.


At Rambam's site.

Staff for Sachlav-19-138, Angie, Daniel, Becca.

No comments: