Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Adventures

I am trying to go on mini adventures at least 3 times a week while I have this time off. Last week a day after a big snow storm, I walked through Central Park. Apparently others had this idea too because there were a surprising amount of loners out there just taking it all in and snapping photos.

Today I went down to the lower east side. Russ & Daughters was my inspiration. I was craving some good lox. But first I walked around a bit. Essex Marketplace was a huge disappointment. So was Orchard Street in the winter. So many stores are closed for good too. It's sad to see.

I roamed some more streets and ended up on Allen and Stanton in front of this great bookstore. Bluestockings has an awesome selection or obscure books dealing with cool topics like media, Israel/Palestine, religion, sex, travel, history and more. This sounds weird but if I had to give it a personality, it would be my college roommate Carla. Everything just reminded me of her, and I could totally see her either owning, working, or spending a ton of time in there. The employees were very nice and they had coffee and stuff too. I was starving so I didnt spend as much time as I would have liked, but if this whole unemployment thing keeps up, I am sure I will make my way back there soon.

No comments: