Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Overheard on 14th and 8th


Pam, Jen and I were walking down 14th and right before 8th Avenue, these two guys whizzed by us. Then we heard screaming and look up at a stoop and there is this woman crying and screaming in Spanish. We were laughing and kept walking and then realized she was following us. We turned around to see her walking with this guy, in a suit, probably her pimp. She was still screaming in Spanish but then, as we were crossing the street, and we were watching everyone watch her as she passed by us, she starts screaming "I'm gunna take them to court! I'm gunna take those mother fuckers to court! I'm calling 1-800-LAWYERS!" Just to add fuel to the fire, I also saw a man without a shirt on later in the day, just staring up at the buildings in Curry Hill. Awesome.

1 comment:

B said...

Overheard published the quote!
Wednesday One-Liners Make Partner

Crying woman in pink bathrobe and wet hair, as she chases pimp-looking male: I'm taking them to court. I'm taking those motherfuckers to court! I'm calling 1-800-lawyers!

--14th & 8th

Overheard by: Rebecca Meyers

http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/archives/020007.html