Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Adventure Day

Spotted at Mama Mexico, Upper West Side: The Hasselbeck's eating dinner next to us with both kids and #3 on the way. The other time I met her was when I was working at Rosa and they had her baby shower there. Weird little mexican baby connection me and her got goin on. Lizzy was wearing the fugliest orthepedic shoes I have ever seen. Normally im not a hater on these things but they were bad! Her daughter had guac all over her face and Tim just put his hands on his head and shook it. It was pretty cute. Then Jan from the Office walked by the restaurant and even the Hasselbeck's were excited to see her.

Jen, Sills and I went on an adventure. We traveled up north to 190th street to Fort Tryon (I like to pronounce it Tyron though) and The Cloisters. It was a very beautiful walk and we didnt pay to get into the cloisters because it will probably be much more worth it when actual things are in bloom. So we just walked around and then headed back down south to 110th and Broadway. Grabbed a late lunch, a.k.a. Linner at Mama Mexico. Sills and I had seen this place before and it looked cute. We got seated at the money table right in the glassed in corner area. Noticed a lot of Mexicans eating there which is always a good sign. But that's about where the good experience ended. Feel free to read my Yelp review for the rest but long story short, I don't recommend this place.

No comments: