Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Monster Truck Tally: 8

Relaxed in Jacksonville, Florida this past weekend courtesy of the best boyfriend ever, mine. :) It was a short weekend but a perfect one, minus the sunburn. I really had to try to not think about all the stress in my life at the moment and just relax. Once I did, it was awesome.

The beach was nice, they let dogs and bikes on it, unlike the uptight beaches here. Old school bikes are apparently the way a lot of people get around there and there are cute little beach side (well, close enough) restaurants to get out of the sun for a while. I had just watched a food network marathon about bar b q so I had a sick craving for ribs. Luckily Sticky Fingers was around and side note: they had the best wings I have ever had. One trimester in Columbus, I ordered wings from every place possible to see who made them the best. Papa Johns happened to take a surprising win but these are SO much better then those.

We also ate at this place called Sneakers. Like usual, I asked our waiter what his favorite was, and he got me this pretty delicious quesadilla that was not on the menu. Literally that is how he described it when I asked him what was in it. He just said "It's got likeee, deliciousness.". Matt the waiter was definitely a highlight of the trip and if you are ever in Sneakers, you should ask for his section.

Also, more miracles! I finished my book on the plane, Spontaneous Fulfillment Of Desire, by Deepak Chopra. It didn't answer all my life's burning questions but it absolutely was a great read. It certainly got me thinking in new directions. I'd like to read some more stuff by him now. Without getting too much more into it now, I just wanted to note a miracle that sticks out that occurred on the trip. If you know me, you know I am a huge fan of the band, Umphrey's McGee. David and I were randomly walking down a road just doing some exploring and I look up and there is a random venue and guess who was playing that very night in little ol Jacksonville? Yup. Miracle, coincidence, luck, random, whatever you want to call it. I wasn't about to drag David to a jam band I had seen so many times, so we didn't go to the show but just the mere fact that they were there blew my mind.

Did I mention I had an amazing weekend yet?

Below is a picture of one of the monster trucks we witnessed and then, the hotel we stayed in.


Just kidding!

No comments: