Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Sparkling Event


My friend Melissa works in the Sparkle Factory aka with Tarina Tarantino, a jewelry designer who rocks. Her latest endeavor for the company: makeup.

They just launched a line for Sephora and one of my event planning idol's, Jes Gordon/ProperFun, was tapped by coincidence by Melissa to coordinate the event. Jes is author of the book, Party Like A Rock Star.

BizBash did a great write up on Wednesday's party HERE.
The concept was adorable with so many details. I love the vanities they set up along the walls to display the new products.

What was cool was Melissa contacted me in the midst of all this busyness to say she noticed I was a fan of Jes's and told me Jes was one of the coolest people she had worked with and would send me her book. I then noticed some twitter shoutouts from her as well. I am grateful to Melissa for doing that. I don't think she realized how inspiring Jes was to me as a wannabe event planner when I was graduating. These are the kinds of events and things that make me want to move to LA and be Melissa's assistant (which is not an available position, fyi).

Keep up with The Sparkle Factory here: thesparklefactory.blogspot.com

More coverage of the event:
Purse Buzz
Nick Verreos
Dolce Chica

No comments: