Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

18

There has been some talk about the discussion of lowering the drinking age to 18. When I attended Ohio State, I took a class called Alcohol and Society. It was an awsome class to say the least. Part of the coarse involved debates. Topics varied but one of them involved the drinking age. This was one of the more exciting topics that the entire class could have debated for days. I wish I still had my notes on the debate but the overall end vote concluded with the age being lowered to 18. I was one of the students who was pro for lowering the drinking age to 18. Many believed in the old enough to fight, old enough to drink vote. People found stats about binge drinking, etc. I do not feel that binge drinking and age have much to do with each other. Kids will drink when they drink. I think that it doesn't have to with a lawful age. I am proud that Ohio State is involved and supportive of this call for a debate!

No comments: