Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Kell On Earth Season Finale

Sadly it's au revior to my favorite show of the season. There isn't too much commentary on the actual workings of PR for this blog entry. I am sad to see it go.

One of the reasons I loved the show was the interaction the "cast" took upon themselves on twitter. They live commented on the show, answered and retweeted watchers, and really took reality tv to a new level. Kelly herself has responded to one of my tweets which was awesome and in fact as I am writing this, Kelly's assistant Andrew just answered a question I had! @AJMukamal: recession duh! RT @BeccaMeyers: @AJMukamal WHY would you take the subway with that cake?!?! #kellonearth

I gotta give credit for Kelly jumping on that bandwagon and recognizing that these marketing and social media aspects are key, such as the viral video. She gets that and I think any company that doesn't are missing a key aspect. I don't know if I would go as far as to say she is "pioneering the revolution" but she's pretty bad ass for producing these for such major players in the industry.

I hope Bravo signs them on for a second season. That would be just fab! :)

P.S. In this episode you see this DKNY shoot and they are in front of a graffitied side of a building right around the corner of their office. I LOVE this wall! I would see engagement shoots taken there and I even posted a pic from my favorite part of the wall TODAY on facebook.

1 comment:

Anon said...

i had the exact same question about the cake! how is he buying versace chairs, but won't pay for a cab?